Eden Training Solutions

Apprenticeships for Employers

Frequently Asked Questions from Employers

Apprenticeships for Employers

An apprenticeship in the early years sector is a training program that combines practical on-the-job training with classroom-based learning. It is designed to provide individuals with the skills and knowledge required to work with children in a variety of early years settings.

The length of an apprenticeship in the early years sector can vary, but typically takes between 12 and 24 months to complete.

An apprenticeship in the early years sector is structured around a set of standards that outline the skills and knowledge that an individual must learn in order to complete the program. Apprentices will spend the majority of their time in the workplace, working alongside experienced practitioners, with regular off-the-job training provided.

An apprenticeship in the early years sector provides individuals with a structured training program that allows them to develop the skills and knowledge required to work with children. It also provides individuals with a pathway to a career in the early years sector, with opportunities to progress into more senior roles. Apprentices also earn a wage while they train, which can help to cover the costs of living and studying.

Apprentices will be supported throughout their training by their employer and a training provider. This will include regular reviews of progress, guidance on completing coursework and assessments, and support in finding employment after the completion of the apprenticeship.

The apprenticeship levy is a UK government initiative that requires all employers with an annual pay bill of over £3 million to contribute 0.5% of their total pay bill towards funding apprenticeships. The funds raised are then placed into an online account which employers can use to pay for apprenticeship training and assessment.

Employers can use the funds to pay for apprenticeship training and assessment for their own employees or to fund apprenticeships in other organisations. The funds must be used within 24 months of being deposited into the account, after which they expire.

Employers who do not pay the levy are still eligible to access government-funded apprenticeship training, but they will be required to contribute 5% of the cost of training, with the government paying the remaining 95%.

Employer Contact Form

Contact Us

Tell us a bit about yourself and the nature of your enquiry for us to best help you. Please allow us a few hours to respond during business hours.

By checking this box, I consent to the processing of my personal data provided above by Eden Training Solutions for the purpose of marketing and communication, in accordance with the GDPR and Eden Training Solution's Privacy Policy.