Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity Policy
Introduction to the Policy
The purpose of this policy is to support the actions and priorities as set out in the Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity Strategy which outlines Eden Training Solution’s desire and commitment in promoting positive practices throughout the organisation.
Eden Training Solutions works to ensure that staff and learners experience a safe and welcoming environment that allows them to fully and equally participate and so achieve their goals. Staff and learners are supported to understand the importance of Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity through providing the skills, knowledge and confidence to recognise and challenge events and behaviours that infringe on an individual’s human and civil rights.
Eden Training Solutions is committed to providing a working environment in which employees are able to realise their full potential and to contribute to its business success irrespective of the 9 Protected Characteristics (age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation). This is a key employment value to which all employees are expected to give their support.
In order to create conditions in which this goal can be realised, Eden Training Solutions is committed to identifying and eliminating unlawful discriminatory practices, procedures and attitudes throughout. It expects employees to support this commitment and to assist in its realisation in all possible ways.
Specifically, Eden Training Solutions aims to ensure that no employee or candidate is subject to unlawful discrimination, either directly or indirectly, on the grounds of the 9 Protected Characteristics, including:
- Recruitment and selection, including advertisements, job descriptions, interview and selection procedures;
- Promotion and career development opportunities;
- Terms and conditions of employment, and access to employment related benefits and facilities;
- Grievance handling and the application of disciplinary procedures; and
- Selection for redundancy.
Equal opportunities practice is developing constantly as social attitudes and legislation change. Eden Training Solutions will keep its policies under review and will implement changes where these could improve equality of opportunity. This commitment applies to all its employment policies and procedures, not just those specifically connected with equal opportunities.
Promoting to staff, learners and employer
The following activities are employed as part of the learner journey throughout our programmes:
- A clear and effective Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity Policy is available;
- Promotion of said Policy through the Apprenticeship and Employer Handbook;
- Monthly Topics promoted to learners and employers;
- Learning resources attached to learners PLP;
- Promoted via the Learner Review process;
- Mandatory training for all staff.