- Early Years & Childcare
Childminder Training & CPD
Our bundle offers the essential courses needed as a childminder.
£500.00 + VAT
- Recruitment Services
- Employer Hub
- Learner Zone
About this course
This qualification is aimed at all practitioners working in the childcare workforce at Level 3, such as childminders, nursery practitioners, preschool practitioners, of school/holiday provision workers.
The qualification provides practitioners with the opportunity to upskill and develop management skills so that they can take on new roles and responsibilities. Achievement of this qualification could lead to potential job opportunities, such as Senior Practitioner, Room Leader, Supervisor, Management (e.g. Deputy or Relief), or Mentor. All learners need to complete the 8 mandatory units. There are 4 optional units, one of which must be chosen.
What you'll learn
- Promote the health, well-being of all children, self-regulation and resilience through rich learning environments, opportunities for challenging play, healthy attitude towards risk taking
- Provide playful, sensitive interaction opportunities that reflect children’s needs, interests, motivations and extend deep level learning
- Participate in and lead daily routines and practice, including children’s’ personal care, play, maintaining the physical environment.
- Be an effective key person and advocate for the child, supporting the child’s developmental, emotional, daily needs
- Ensure the effectiveness of the key person approach across the aspect or environment for which they are responsible.
- Lead and provide support in disseminating best practice in the use of observation, assessments and planning to meet children’s needs and extend their holistic development within the aspect or environment for which they are responsible
- Promote, demonstrate, and facilitate a clear understanding of diversity and equality to support all children, including those with additional needs, those of high ability, those with English as an additional language and those with disabilities. To be able to use and evaluate distinctive approaches which engage and support inclusivity of all children within their social and cultural context
- Ensure full compliance with all safeguarding legislation, policies and strategies at a national, local, and setting based level are promoted, implemented, and embedded respectfully within practice, providing appropriate support to colleagues as, or supporting, the Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Demonstrate leaderful practice through the effective deployment of resources and practitioners keeping the child’s voice and needs central to practice
The gateway meeting is a milestone in the learner journey as it marks the end of the on-programme learning and the completion of the End Point Assessment Toolkit.
The learner, employer and Skills Coach will meet and agree that the learner meets the requirements of the standard and are ready for the end-point assessment.
Observation (with questions)
- Demonstrated through completing tasks in a real work setting and making use of the employer resources and equipment
- Tasks completed during the observation should contribute to workplace productivity and must be valid to this holistic assessment
- 90 mins duration
- The learner must prepare a session plan, including relevant risk assessments 2-weeks prior to observation and present it to the End Point Assessment Organisation (EPA2)
- Underpinned by a portfolio of evidence
- The learner will demonstrate the application of skills and behaviours as well as knowledge
3. Case Study
Including a report and presentation with questioning based on the learning needs of an individual child or group of children over approximately 6-12 weeks and how the practioner has supported, extended and enhanced their opportunities and experiences in response to these needs
Courses that complement this Apprenticeship
“I have loved my learning journey I have learnt a lot about myself and my practice. I look forward to putting my knowledge into practice. I have thoroughly enjoyed my learning experience. I have a love of learning and feel this course challenges the learner to research a variety of topics to gain a deeper understanding. I have had fantastic support from my Skills Coach and would recommend this course to any Senior Practitioner wanting to progress their career”.Natalie Carter
Bring your training
to life with Eden
Tell us a bit about yourself and the nature of your enquiry for us to best help you. Please allow us a few hours to respond during business hours.