- Early Years & Childcare
ADVANCED LEARNER LOAN
Childminder Training & CPD
Our bundle offers the essential courses needed as a childminder.
- Recruitment Services
- Employer Hub
- Learner Zone
About this course
Welcome to our Early Years Practitioner Level 2 course! At Eden Training Solutions, we understand that working in childcare is a rewarding career, and our Level 2 course is designed to give you the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
This nationally recognised qualification covers topics such as child development, health and safety, and safeguarding, and will equip you with the tools you need to provide high-quality care and support to children aged 0-5.
Our Early Years Practitioner Level 2 course is the perfect choice. Enrol now and take the first step towards a fulfilling career in childcare!
What you'll learn
- How children learn.
- The importance of children’s holistic development.
- The stages of babies, and young children’s development.
- The significance of attachment.
- The legal requirements for safeguarding the welfare of
- Safeguarding policies, procedures, and responsibilities.
- The legal requirements for H&S and security.
- Risks and hazards in the workplace.
- Support babies, and young children through a range of
- Recognise when a child is in danger, at risk of serious harm
- Identify risks, and hazards in the work setting and during off-site visits.
- Demonstrate skills, and understanding of prevention, and control of infection.
- Use equipment, furniture, and materials safely.
- Encourage children to be aware of personal safety, the
safety of others, and develop personal hygiene practices.
- Care and compassion.
- Honesty, trust, and integrity.
- Positive work ethic.
- Being team-focused.
- Work in a non-discriminatory way.
- Professional Practice.
More details on this course
The gateway meeting is a milestone in the learner journey as it marks the end of the on-programme learning and the completion of the End Point Assessment Toolkit.
The learner, employer and Coach will meet and agree that the learner meets the requirements of the standard and are ready for the end-point assessment.
The end-point assessment will be completed by an independent end-point assessor from an EPA Organisation.
(underpinned by a portfolio of evidence)
- At least one piece of evidence relating to each piece of knowledge, skill, and behaviour.
- 2 direct observations within the portfolio, each a minimum of 60 minutes, which have been carried out at the learner’s usual place of work and within the last 3 months of their on-programme learning.
- Multiple choice test with scenarios.
- 40 questions, 60 minutes in duration.
- Interactive live on-line sessions with expert Teachers and your peers.
- Face to face visits to carry out observations to allow you to shine and demonstrate the knowledge learnt.
- Monthly online sessions with your dedicated Skills Coach.
- On line interactive courses with NoodleNow.
FAQ - Answering your Questions:
At Eden Training Solutions, we understand that becoming an Early Years Practitioner can be a complex and confusing process, and we’re here to help you every step of the way.
Additionally, we have a full guide to becoming an Early Years Practitioner available on our website, which covers everything from the qualifications you need to the skills required to succeed in the field.
So if you’re looking to start your journey towards becoming an Early Years Practitioner, get in touch with us today and let us help you achieve your goals.
An early years practitioner is a professional who works in the childcare industry, providing care and education to children aged 0-5. They may work in a variety of settings, including nurseries, preschools, and childminding services.
A good early years practitioner should be passionate about working with children, patient, and able to communicate effectively with both children and parents. They should also have a good understanding of child development, be able to create engaging and stimulating learning environments, and be committed to providing high-quality care and support.
The average salary for an early years practitioner in the UK is around £18,000 - £20,000 per year. However, this can vary depending on factors such as experience, qualifications, and location. The more qualifications you have, the more early years practitioner jobs will be available to you.
One of the key skills of an early years practitioner is a deep understanding of child development, including physical, emotional, and educational development. They should be able to create engaging and stimulating learning environments that promote holistic development and be committed to providing high-quality care and support.
As mentioned, a good early years practitioner must be patient and able to communicate effectively with both children and parents. They should also be passionate about working with children and have the required childcare qualifications and numeracy qualifications as well as a relevant level of education. Additionally, they should be aware of the statutory requirements and legal requirements such as the staff to child ratio and the educational programmes which best suit the children’s age and learning levels.
To keep up with the professional development opportunities, reflective practice is essential, which includes the core development requirements for children such as language development, and brain development. Advancing in the career path from nursery nurse to nursery managers and preschool assistant also requires continuous learning and acquiring such new skills. You can read more on this below.
At Eden Training Solutions, we offer a range of courses to help you advance your career in childcare.
After completing our Early Years Practitioner Level 2 course, you may want to consider studying towards the level 3 early years practitioner, or Early Years Educator Level 3 course, which will provide you with a deeper understanding of child development and prepare you for a leadership role in a childcare setting.
Alternatively, our Teaching Assistant Level 3 course is designed for those who wish to work in a school environment, supporting teachers and helping children to reach their full potential.
For those looking to further advance their career in childcare, our course for level 5 early years lead practitioners, called the Advanced Childcare
Practitioner Level 5 course will equip you with the skills and knowledge required to work at a managerial level.
Get started with Eden Training Solutions
Apprenticeships for Employers
For employers that are looking
to train or hire an apprentice
Apprenticeships for Learners
Are you looking to start an Apprenticeship with Eden? Find out how to apply.
Accessing this course requires a login. Please enter your credentials below!